Monday, September 20, 2010

Since we're on the subject of food...

I know that I've mentioned the kibble we feed Sasha and Deedee -- this stuff is great for cleaning their teeth! It forces them to actually chew through these huge coarse nuggets, cleaning their plaque in the process. They don't taste all the bad, either (yes, I have tried it), needs perhaps a wee bit more salt for my taste, but certainly would be a consideration for our nuclear bunker.

What I cannot believe I haven't mentioned til now is the kibble we feed Cleo, on the recommendation of those wonderful vets at UC Davis. Since Cleo is allergic to virtually everything, including her food, they suggested feeding her this kibble based on kangaroo and oatmeal (things she hadn't been exposed to in the past, and thus not able to have built an allergy to).


Her skin allergies melted away like the Wicked Witch of the East after we started her on this kibble. The idea was then to challenge her with other foods to see what she was allergic to, but I thought that was a TERRIBLE idea (Cleo tends to react to foods by mobilizing her intestines to spew it all out, both ways). So it became her new food. And she (and my furniture) are much happier for it.

2 comments:

  1. mommy-tested, cleo-approved. i'm glad she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very expensive pugs...

    ReplyDelete