Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The empress' new pajamas

My yearly winter knitting frenzy got off to a late start this year. I think it was the piles of half-finished sweaters in the basket, taunting me, that caused me to procrastinate and pick up a good book, instead. Twilight, anyone? for the 5th time?

So instead of finishing those sweaters, what better way to feel productive, than to start a COMPLETELY NEW project? In the interest of thrift and efficiency, I decided to glom together some scrap yarn to make the seniorest of puglets a cozy set of pajamas. Sasha has been a little chilled at night, such that she will crawl over to my head in the middle of the night, turn around so that her butt is facing my carotid, and furiously kick out with her hind legs like a donkey. This is to get me to personally invite her to crawl under the covers with me.


Yes, I could have made it striped but then that would have been too pretty

Pugs are color blind, anyway, aren't they?

Sasha seemed to like it. Did it help? not really. She still wakes me up to get under the covers in the middle of the night, but now she ALSO wakes me up, panting, because she gets too warm. Funny pug.


My fury of industriousness petered out after Sasha's PJs, so Cleo and Deedee wear for bedtime the cute little T shirts their auntie Vanna got them. Apparently my interest in taking pics also petered out.



2 comments:

  1. i'm glad to see the knitting come back! it fits her so well. silly pug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am insanely impressed by your knitting abilities! I think that bedroom behavior also applies to Bostons. Our little guy likes to crawl up onto my shoulder while I'm in bed and lay across my neck until I can no longer breathe and have to forcibly remove him. At which point the process repeats.

    ReplyDelete